Monday, August 26, 2013

Departure ~by danette

On my way to the anchorage airport this morning and i saw my first pod of beluga whales!! This is already turning out to be an exciting trip! 

It hasn't quite hit me yet that we are actually doing this!! Backpacking Europe?! Leaving all familiarity behind! This is a trip of a lifetime! And yet I literally found myself in tears all day yesterday. ...and I worked all day, so that was an interesting day. Thank God for a back room in the salon.
I always feel a little stressed when I leave Alaska. usually because I don't know when I'm returning, but I know I will be back in 2 months time. Also, my parents are moving from Arkansas to North Dakota while I'm away. And I feel I need to be there helping. But instead I am off on one of my adventures.
Between that and my phone breaking, then my iPod stopped working for a while and stressing about missing trains and being lost and "what if this?" and "what if that?".  Somehow yesterday everything seemed a bit overwhelming.  A couple hours at my best friend Amanda's house last night and she got me back on track. 
I tend to always need a reminder to relax a little bit and breath. 

I woke up this morning feeling ready. Europe... 

Also,  somehow my pre pack was heavier than my actual pack! I feel like that's some kind of miracle. :) so I added a few more cloths, another scarf and my normal size flat iron. And my bag is still only 27 pounds. 

Danette

No comments:

Post a Comment