Thursday, August 22, 2013

Trial Pack ~By Danette

Just when I thought I had found all the random pockets and compartments in my backpack, nope, I found another one!! So many secret places!

Did a trial pack today. 29.8 pounds. I was shooting for 30 pounds so I am going to go ahead and give myself a little pack on the back. :) the down side to this is, 30lbs all the sudden feels very very heavy!!! On the up side, I should be ripped when I get back. 

My packing list for anyone that might need a little help for an up coming adventure similar to ours:

1 pair of jean
pair of shorts
1 pair of work out pants (not that I will be working out)
5 shirts
2 tank tops
Rain jacket
Coat
Long sleeve shirt
1 Scarf
Flats
Flip flops
7 pairs of socks
Unmentionables ;)
Swim suit
Hat
Sleeping bag
Pack safe
Day bag
Book
16 Zip lock bags (because I collect rocks from every country I've been to. Very SMALL rocks)
Protein bars (because I will kill when I'm hungry... Very bad for Amy. Also, they probably weigh 5 pounds!!!)
Nerds for the Danish boys!!! (very noisy when I walk)
First aid kit
Towel
Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, face wash, razor, Q tips, tissues, tooth paste, tooth brush, hair brush, hair oil, mini flat iron, feminine products, make up, hair ties, bobby pins hair spray
Mace (hopefully no one takes this from me)
Flash light
Locks
Camera
Camera charger
converter
Adapter
Passport
Eurorail pass
Eurorail timetable
Credit cards
Wallet
My bunny (that had travel to every country I have :)
IPod and charger
Nalgene bottle

30 pounds of stuff! Not sure if I should think this is a lot for 2 months or if this is called "roughing it". I have everything (but a blow drying) that I could possible need. Life really is simple. Seems like we have to complicate everything with all the stuff we think we need. When in reality, everything we need can really fit on our backs. 

Getting so excited and started to fell a little nervous. The good kind of nervous. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment