Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Amsterdam ~Danette

Oh Amsterdam, how you frighten me. 

When arriving in the city of Amsterdam, my first thought was -Wow! This is the most beautiful city I have ever seen! 

The architect is absolutely beautiful!! Though as I continued to walk, swallowed in a crowd of strangers, I was starting to feel uneasy. It's the first time I haven't felt safe since beig here. I was gripping my wallet and camera as if my life depended on it. I finally managed to locate my hostel. And of course it is smack dab in the middle of everything.

I generally am completely okay being alone, a lot of times I actually prefer it. But I am excited to meet back up with Amy today. I was feeling quite lost wandering around Amsterdam alone. It's a bit of a frightening city, especially in the dark.

The red light district. All i have to say about that is, it breaks my heart. It takes everything amazing away from this city. And though I'm glad I got to see it, I am more than excited to leave it behind.



No comments:

Post a Comment