Sunday, September 29, 2013

Oh Sweet Europe! ~Danette

This past month has been amazing!!! I can't believe i have been so blessed to be able to do this trip!!! I've gotten to see some old friends, make some new ones and have gotten to see 12 new countries! It hasn't all been easy, but that just come with traveling. 

This trip was something I had been wanting to do for about six years. Backpacking, seeing Europe, not having to be anywhere I didn't want to be. I figured two months would be the right amount if time.... But that was a bit over zealous on my part. Ha One month has been amazing! I have seen so much stuff that at this point, I don't think I am able to take anything else in. 

I so was looking forward to seeing Switzerland too.  I know it must be beautiful!!! But the thought of sitting on another train to get there is not something I want to do. I'm so exhausted right now that I want to wait and see it when I will actually be able to enjoy it all. 

There is so much happening right now back home, my parents moving, and now with my little sister being engaged -I know I will be taking a trip to Missouri soon. Not sure how I can rightly get more time off work if I was to stay my full two months. I think about the 2 amazing ladies back at the salon working their butts off so that Amy and I can be on this trip. And I'm at the point now where I can't really justify my time away any more. 
The only reason to stay now, would be because my ticket isn't for later. I kind of feel like that is a ridiculous reason to stay. I don't want to just kill time waiting for my departure date to arrive, I would rather be doing something productive with my time.

I now have two flights home. :) I will be returning to Alaska October 1st now instead of the 17th as originally planned. It will be sad to leave Europe of course, but I'm ready to get home. 
:) 

Plus I think I've lost quite a bit of weight which doesn't thrill me at all. :( I need home cooked food in my life. 

Amy wants to continue on solo. More power too her!!! Traveling alone is a good experience. I look forward to hearing about the rest of her trip and seeing her pictures!

I still have a couple of days in Rome, so I'm sure I'll update soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment