Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Uppsala and My New Swedish Family ~Danette

I have had the most incredible time in Sweden! I can't even begin to express my gratitude for all Elisabeth and her family have done for me. I basically didn't spend a krone while I was in Sweden. And I have never felt so welcomed in someone else's family! They are such incredible people! They gave me an amazing bed, fed me some of the most amazing food I have ever had in my life! Im talking candle lit dinner and breakfast spreads that would put 5 star restaurants to shame. They picked Elisabeth and i up from the bus stop, dropped us off at the train station. Took me to the culture festival and showed me all around the amazing city of Uppsala. I'm still blown away by their generosity.

I feel truly blessed to have been able to meet and spend time with all of them. 

My time flew by much too quickly. It's hard to believe I'm already on a train to The Netherlands. I don't know when I will be able to see my sweet Elisabeth again, but hopefully it won't be too far in the future. 

It was also amazing to have my own personal translator along with me. :) And getting around with elisabeth was a dream! I didn't have to worry about which trains to take, which connections to make and which stops to get off at. How to buy tickets for the buses and which bus-stops to wait at for which bus. No worries about where I was going to stay or how I was going to get there (directions with a dead iPod are impossible). I just followed Liz around with no responsibilities whatsoever. It was amazing! 

I know how blessed I am to even be taking my dream trip. -Especially that Dawn and Holly let us leave work for two months. Thank you! 
And I'm sure to those not here,  it just sounds like an amazing, relaxing vacation. But it is hard work and it has been so tiring. Missed nights of sleep, whole days on trains and loud hostel mates in 12 person rooms.  Im not complaining, I'm just saying that it was so nice to finally feel like I had a little break from planning and figuring stuff out. :)

Until next time Sweden and Norway! I love you both!!!! And thank you for your amazing weather while I was visiting!




No comments:

Post a Comment