Monday, September 30, 2013

Rome!!! ~Danette

I had such an amazing day wandering around the city today! I went to the colosseum first off and just found myself standing there in awe! I don't know what makes it so magnificent, but it's probably the most amazing man made thing I've ever seen. Its so beautiful!!! I think I have about a hundred puctures! 

After that I walked to the top of this hill and sat in a beautiful little church for a while. It was so nice to get away from the crowds and have some quiet time. When I came out it was pouring down rain! Like rain we get in the south where all the roads have turned into rivers! 

I had my little pink umbrella (i finally had to break down and buy one) and I was walking -half skipping down the streets laughing. It was thundering out and everyone was smiling. "we are seeing Rome today no matter what!" I don't know, sometimes it's the little things that make my day.  

=]

And my map got its full use today. Barely survived!


No comments:

Post a Comment